Want to look great, but you’re afraid to step for into your closet? How about cleaning it?
That’s not what you wanted to hear; now is it?
Just remember; it’ll only get better when you get proactive and lucky for you I have a cool idea that could turn your nightmare of a closet into a ton of fun. How about hosting a declutter party? Just like Santa; they do exist. At least it will for you. This is a party, in which you get to hang with your girlfriends, enjoy wine/mimosas, and clean your junky closet. Out with the old, in with the fashionable clothing that fit your 2017 style and body. Let’s have fun!
- Grab a box of SUPER large trash bags or large clothing bins
- Dig through your closet/drawers and pull out all of the items that just do not fit (including the 5 year old evening gown that you will “one day” lose weight to get back into)
- Fill those bags/bins with every item that does not fit
- For the remaining items, Grab 3-5 (has to be with an odd number of ladies) HONEST girlfriends to party at your home for about 3 hours
- All ladies bring 1 bottle of wine and a wine glass
- Host them with small snacks and deserts while they wait and judge
- Have them sit in a comfy spot and let the judging begin (yes, they can judge you)
- Go into your closet and start trying on clothing
- Have your space setup with a YES and a NO pile
- Walk out to the open area of ladies and get their Yes or No; no maybes
- Place the item in it’s designated pile and try on the next items
- When you’ve finished, grab your Yes items and get them back into the closet; if you have the energy
- Allow your friends to pick and choose through your No pile. Donate/resale the rest.
- Good luck. Take pictures. Have fun.
Let me know if you need me to host a Declutter Party for you and your friends.
Back to Life, Back to Reality…